Hotel Fact Sheet
Among the most refreshing luxury Houston hotels, Hotel ICON offers more than charming Southern hospitality. A stay at ICON is a foray into the extraordinary. Our hotel features premier accommodations punctuated by an extensive menu of luxurious services and amenities, offering an experience that has earned the hotel consistent Four Diamond status and prompted readers of Conde Nast Traveler to recently rank ICON one of the Top 10 U.S. Hotels for Business Travelers as well as one of the Top 15 Hotels in Texas.
Hotel ICON Quick Facts
- Our Marriott Autograph Collection luxury hotel is located in Houston’s downtown historic district at 220 Main Street (valet and pedestrian entrance off Congress Street)
- At the gateway to the city’s legal and business center, Hotel ICON anchors historic Market Square Park
- Conveniently located between Houston’s two major airports. Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is 20 miles from our hotel, and Hobby Airport (HOU) a mere 13 miles away
- Within walking distance of Fortune 500 companies, the George R. Brown Convention Center, the Theater District (the second-highest concentration of theater seats in the country), nationally acclaimed restaurants and bars, Buffalo Bayou Park, Minute Maid Field (home of the Astros baseball team), Toyota Center (featuring Rockets basketball and concerts), BBVA Compass Stadium (home of the Houston Dynamo soccer team), GreenStreet and Discovery Green
- Ideally situated at a stop along the 7.5 mile, state-of-the-art METROrail light rail line with service to the Museum District, the Houston Zoo, Rice University, Hermann Park, the Texas Medical Center and the NRG Center/NRG Park convention facility and sports complex
- Hotel ICON represents a multi-million, historic reinvention of the former Union National Bank building, a landmark structure built in 1912. Learn more about the history of ICON.
- Twelve floors with 135 Houston hotel rooms including nine signature penthouse suites; in addition to a two-story Presidential, Hotel ICON boasts the only triplex suite in the city
- Comprehensive 915-square -foot, 24/7 fitness facility featuring 17 pieces of Cybex and Nautilus equipment, most with their own entertainment centers
- More than 8,000 square feet of distinctive event space, ideal for meetings, special events and weddings
- 24/7 business center
- Complimentary storage of personal items for future visits
- Marriott Rewards benefits
- Same day valet laundry available every day except Sunday and holidays
- Overnight valet parking: $33.00 plus 8.25% tax.
- Concierge services
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access
- Mini-fridges in each guest room
- On-demand movies
- Dual-line cordless phone with personalized voice mail
- Stereo CD clock radio with iPod/MP3 dock
- Oversized personal safes for laptops
- DVD player upon request
- Spacious work desk with task lighting and leather chair
- LINE & LARIAT, our celebrated on-site restaurant featuring modern Texas cuisine, provides breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as in-room dining
- L & L Bar offers evening bites and maverick spirits
Visit our transportation page to learn more about parking, shuttle services, and public transportation!