Houston Events Calendar
Downtown Houston Events
Experience the city’s most fun, unique, and exciting events during your next trip to Houston! With a diverse calendar of events throughout the year, Houston offers countless things to do for sports fans, history buffs, lovers of the arts, and foodies alike. During your stay, don’t miss the chance to catch a Houston Astros Game, enjoy a Houston Symphony performance, or seek out one of our city’s local festivals or events. Whether you’re exploring the city’s spectacular attractions or attending a conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center, our downtown Houston hotel offers boutique accommodations for all types of travelers.
Check out our Houston calendar of events, book your upscale Houston accommodations, and explore our vibrant, growing city!
Located in downtown Houston, the Toyota Center brings in some of the city’s most exciting and unique events. Since 2003, the 18,000 seat stadium has been home to the Houston Rockets and hosted some of Texas’s most legendary concerts, hilarious stand-up acts, and memorable UFC and WWE events. Whether you’re traveling to Houston to for some thrilling NBA action or singing along with the likes of Green Day, Roger Waters, or Bruno Mars, you’ll have an unforgettable time at the Toyota Center! Take a look at their upcoming event calendar and start planning your next trip to Houston!
Address: 1510 Polk St, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel One mile by foot, about a mile and half by car
Parking: The on-site lot ranges from $25.00 to $30.00, but you can also $5.00 lots within a few blocks of the Toyota Center.
Roger Waters Us+Them Tour
- When: Thursday, July 6, 2017
- Price: $55.00 – $250.00
- What to Expect: Pink Floyd’s iconic frontman, a fully-immersive audio-visual experience, and Pink Floyd classics
- When: Sunday, July 16, 2017
- Price: $39.50 – $150.00
- What to Expect: A triumphant celebration of The Basher’s 50 year career of soulful, chart-topping pop hits
Bruno Mars 24K Magic Tour
- When: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- Price: $49.50 – $150.00
- What to Expect: An energetic, good-times performance featuring hits from Bruno Mars’s upcoming record, 24K Magic
Revention Music Center
Formerly known as the Bayou Music Center, the Revention Music Center brings some of music’s most exciting acts to Houston. Located a half mile from Hotel Icon, the 2,800-seat venue features incredible sightlines and a state-of-the art soundsystem, and has hosted everyone from Coldplay to Dave Chappelle to Elton John. As you plan for your upcoming trip to Houston, check out the Revention Music Center calendar and get to the heart of the Houston music scene.
Address: Bayou Place, 520 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel About a half mile – about 13 minutes by foot and five minutes by car
Parking: Street parking is free after 6:00 p.m. There are about four lots within a four block radius, which typically cost between $6.00 and $20.00.
- When: Friday, April 14, 2017
- Price: $43.00 – $63.00
- What to Expect: An energetic, lively, and physical comedy set from one of the country’s most unique comics
Brian Wilson Presents Pet Sounds
- When: Friday, May 12, 2017
- Price: $43.00 – $387.00
- What to Expect: The mastermind behind the Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds performs the some of the most imaginative, recognizable, and beloved pop songs in history of American music
House of Blues
The House of Blues celebrates the Delta-born traditions that massively influenced America’s most iconic musical, culinary, and artistic endeavors. With a full-service, southern-inspired restaurant, folk art from local artists, an on-site bowling alley, and a 1,500-person capacity concert hall, the House of Blues offers an unparalleled, multi-faceted entertainment experience. Whether you’re discovering the latest up-and-coming act, seeing rock and roll legends, or just popping in for a bowl of gumbo, the House of Blues is a great introduction to Houston!
Address: Bayou Place, 520 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel .8 miles – about 15 minutes by foot and six minutes by car
Parking: There’s a garage across the street that typically costs $5.00 to $10.00. The HOB often offers valet parking as well.
Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
- When: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- Price: $35.00 – $95.00
- What to Expect: Pat Benatar and longtime collaborator Neil Giraldo performing acoustic renditions from her Grammy award winning catalogue
House of Blues Gospel Brunch
- When: Sunday, April 16, 2017
- Price: $42.00
- What to Expect: A rollicking good time with live gospel blues, chicken and waffles, and top notch-carving stations
- When: April 20, 2017
- Price: $35.00 – $65.00
- What to Expect: A fun-loving country performance, featuring songs from his wildly popular Summer Forever album
- When:Sunday, April 30th, 2017
- Price: $42.50
- What to Expect: Phish’s guitar guru performing an eclectic mix of original material, covers, and Phish classics
Since 2008, Discovery Green has been one of Houston’s most beautiful and beloved urban parks. Located across the street from the George R. Brown Convention, Discover Green features an outdoor performance stage, unique public art, bocce courts, a full acre of beautiful gardens and putting greens. Throughout the year, the park also hosts a variety of cultural festivals, concerts, events, kid-friendly activities, workshops, and open air markets in the unique downtown space. Whether you’re here on business or exploring the very best of Houston, you’ll find plenty to love at Discovery Park!
Address: 1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010
Distance from Hotel .One mile – about 20 minutes by foot and just seven minutes by car
Parking: A variety of paid garage, lot, and metered street parking options are available within two blocks of Discovery Green.
Discovery Green Flea
- When: Saturday, March 18 2017
- Price: Free!
- What to Expect: A hip, kitschy urban flea market with plenty of vintage treasures and one-of-a-kind finds
- When: Saturday, April 1, 2017
- Price: Free!
- What to Expect: An interactive, family-friendly festival with local chefs, athletes, and wellness experts promoting healthy lifestyles
Other Exciting Festivals & Events
Houston also hosts a variety of annual events, festivals, parades, and fairs throughout the year. With sporting events, cultural affairs, concerts, and seasonal happenings just about every weekend, there’s no shortage of things to do in downtown Houston!
Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- When: March 7 – 26, 2017
- Where: NRG Park
- Price: $25.00 – $300.00
- What to Expect: Over the course of 22 days, the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo will feature the annual rodeo parade, a variety of livestock competitions, championship rodeo events, and live performances from some of the country’s most famous touring acts. This year’s schedule includes concerts from Willie Nelson, ZZ Top, Zac Brown, Alan Jackson, Alicia Keys, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Blink 182, Florida Georgia Line, and more! The event celebrates all things Texas and expects to draw over 2 million people over the course of three weeks!