Houston Events Calendar
Downtown Houston Events
Experience the city’s most fun, unique, and exciting events during your next trip to Houston! With a diverse calendar of events throughout the year, Houston offers countless things to do for sports fans, history buffs, lovers of the arts, and foodies alike. During your stay, don’t miss the chance to catch a Houston Astros Game, enjoy a Houston Symphony performance, or seek out one of our city’s local festivals or events. Whether you’re exploring the city’s spectacular attractions or attending a conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center, our downtown Houston hotel offers boutique accommodations for all types of travelers.
Check out our Houston calendar of events, book your upscale Houston accommodations, and explore our vibrant, growing city!
Located in downtown Houston, the Toyota Center brings in some of the city’s most exciting and unique events. Since 2003, the 18,000 seat stadium has been home to the Houston Rockets and hosted some of Texas’s most legendary concerts, hilarious stand-up acts, and memorable UFC and WWE events. Whether you’re traveling to Houston to for some thrilling NBA action or singing along with the likes of Green Day, Roger Waters, or Bruno Mars, you’ll have an unforgettable time at the Toyota Center! Take a look at their upcoming event calendar and start planning your next trip to Houston!
Address: 1510 Polk St, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel One mile by foot, about a mile and half by car
Parking: The on-site lot ranges from $25.00 to $30.00, but you can also $5.00 lots within a few blocks of the Toyota Center.
- When: Monday, March 19, 2018
- Price: $39.50 – $99.50
- What to Expect: Experience a lively and unforgettable performance of Lorde’s latest album, joined by Run The Jewels and Tove Stryke.
P!NK: Beautiful Trauma
- When: Saturday, April 28, 2018 and Sunday, April 29, 2018
- Price: $182.50 – $227.50
- What to Expect: A spectacular performance of vocals, stagecraft, and stuntwork from one of America’s top Pop performers.
Justin Timberlake: Man of The Woods
- When: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 and Friday, May 25, 2018
- Price: $49.50 – $625.00
- What to Expect: The highly anticipated return of Justin Timberlake, following the release of his latest album.
Revention Music Center
Formerly known as the Bayou Music Center, the Revention Music Center brings some of music’s most exciting acts to Houston. Located a half mile from Hotel Icon, the 2,800-seat venue features incredible sightlines and a state-of-the art soundsystem, and has hosted everyone from Coldplay to Dave Chappelle to Elton John. As you plan for your upcoming trip to Houston, check out the Revention Music Center calendar and get to the heart of the Houston music scene.
Address: Bayou Place, 520 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel About a half mile – about 13 minutes by foot and five minutes by car
Parking: Street parking is free after 6:00 p.m. There are about four lots within a four block radius, which typically cost between $6.00 and $20.00.
Houston Roller Derby
- When: Saturday, March 31, 2018
- Price: $15.00 – $25.00
- What to Expect: Non-stop action as Houstons top Roller Derby Athletes battle it out on the rink.
Lewis Black: The Joke’s on Us
- When: Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Price: $39.50 – $49.50
- What to Expect: Brilliantly topical jokes touching on politics, social media, and the madness of everyday life.
- When: Tuesday, May 01, 2018
- Price: $79.50 – $282.00
- What to Expect: The latest sounds of one of the top indie artists in the nation.
House of Blues
The House of Blues celebrates the Delta-born traditions that massively influenced America’s most iconic musical, culinary, and artistic endeavors. With a full-service, southern-inspired restaurant, folk art from local artists, an on-site bowling alley, and a 1,500-person capacity concert hall, the House of Blues offers an unparalleled, multi-faceted entertainment experience. Whether you’re discovering the latest up-and-coming act, seeing rock and roll legends, or just popping in for a bowl of gumbo, the House of Blues is a great introduction to Houston!
Address: Bayou Place, 520 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
Distance from Hotel .8 miles – about 15 minutes by foot and six minutes by car
Parking: There’s a garage across the street that typically costs $5.00 to $10.00. The HOB often offers valet parking as well.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- When: Saturday, March 17, 2018
- What to Expect: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at the House of Blues, with corned beef & cabbage specials, Irish whiskey cocktails, live music and so much more!
Led Zeppelin II
- When: Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Price: $15.00 – $35.00
- What to Expect: Experience the excitement of a classic Led Zeppelin concert with a flawless recreation by expert musicians.
Since 2008, Discovery Green has been one of Houston’s most beautiful and beloved urban parks. Located across the street from the George R. Brown Convention, Discover Green features an outdoor performance stage, unique public art, bocce courts, a full acre of beautiful gardens and putting greens. Throughout the year, the park also hosts a variety of cultural festivals, concerts, events, kid-friendly activities, workshops, and open air markets in the unique downtown space. Whether you’re here on business or exploring the very best of Houston, you’ll find plenty to love at Discovery Park!
Address: 1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010
Distance from Hotel .One mile – about 20 minutes by foot and just seven minutes by car
Parking: A variety of paid garage, lot, and metered street parking options are available within two blocks of Discovery Green.
Other Exciting Festivals & Events
Houston also hosts a variety of annual events, festivals, parades, and fairs throughout the year. With sporting events, cultural affairs, concerts, and seasonal happenings just about every weekend, there’s no shortage of things to do in downtown Houston!