HOTEL FACT SHEET
Among the most refreshing luxury Houston hotels, Hotel ICON offers more than charming Southern hospitality. A stay at ICON is a foray into the extraordinary. Our hotel features premier accommodations punctuated by an extensive menu of luxurious services and amenities, offering an experience that has earned the hotel consistent 4 Diamond status and prompted Conde Nast Traveler to rank ICON one of the Top 700 Hotels in the World, and one of the Top 100 New Hotels in the World.
Hotel ICON Quick Facts
- Our Marriott Autograph Collection luxury hotel is located in Houston’s downtown business district at 220 Main Street (please use Congress Street for hotel entrance)
- In the heart of the city’s legal and business center, at the gateway to Houston’s thriving arts, entertainment and sports districts
- Conveniently located between Houston’s two major airports. Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is 20 miles from our hotel and Hobby Airport (HOU) a mere 13 miles away
- Within walking distance of Fortune 500 companies, the George R. Brown Convention Center, the theatre district (the second-highest concentration of theater seats in the country), art galleries, nationally acclaimed restaurants, Buffalo Bayou Park, Minute Maid Field (home of the Astros baseball team), Toyota Center (featuring Rockets basketball and concerts), BBV Compass Stadium (home of the Houston Dynamo soccer team), Market Square, Houston Pavilions and Discovery Green
- The only downtown hotel on the 7.5 mile, state-of-the-art METROrail light rail line with service to the Museum District, the Children’s Zoo, Rice University, Hermann Park, the Texas Medical Center and the Reliant Center convention facility and sports complex
- Hotel ICON represents the $35 million historic reinvention of the former Union National Bank building, a landmark structure built in 1911. Learn more about the history of ICON.
- Includes 12 floors, 135 Houston hotel rooms with eighteen signature suites — including a two-level Presidential Suite and a three-level Penthouse Suite
- BALANCE Urban Day Spa, a full-service on-site spa, providing luxurious treatments and massage
- Comprehensive 915 square foot, 24/7 fitness facility featuring 17 pieces of Cybex and Nautilus equipment, most with their own entertainment centers
- Nearly 7,000 square feet of distinctive event space, ideal for meetings, special events and weddings
- 24/7 business center
- Complimentary storage of personal items for future visits
- Marriott Rewards benefits
- Same day valet laundry, every day except Sunday and holidays
- Overnight valet parking: $28.00 plus 8.25% tax. Event valet parking: $12.00 plus 8.25% tax
- Concierge services
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access
- On-demand movies
- Dual-line cordless phone with personalized voice mail
- Stereo CD clock radio with iPod/MP3 dock
- Oversized personal safes for laptops
- DVD player upon request
- Spacious work desk with task lighting and rich, leather chair
- LINE & LARIAT, our celebrated on-site restaurant featuring modern Texas cuisine, provides breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as in-room dining (6AM to 11PM Daily)
- L & L Bar offers evening bites and maverick spirits
- Complimentary car service within downtown Houston: Visit Houston’s hottest downtown locales in style in our luxurious 11-passenger Mercedes Sprinter.
- Rev Eco-Shuttle: Featuring a $5 flat fare throughout downtown / midtown
- Six in the City: All Houston cabs offer a short-ride flat fare of $6 within the downtown area
- Greenlink: Free bus service operating daily between 6:30 AM and 6:30 PM and serving a 2.5 mile, 18-stop circular route in downtown Houston. Stops at prominent attractions, cultural centers and METRO transit hubs
- Airport Transportation: Super Shuttle runs to/from HOU for $19 and to/from IAH for $24 (Reservations are required). Average taxi fare to/from HOU is $45-$60. Average taxi fare to/from IAH is $55-$80.